Saturday 28 March 2009

Sealed with a kiss - Bobby Vinton

When Jason Donovan hit the charts in 1989 with 'Sealed with a kiss', I immediately recognised a beautiful song - but with a terrible singer. I was relieved when I found out that it was actually a cover version and older versions existed.

One of those versions was pointed out to me by my sister: Bobby Vinton recorded the track in 1972 and reached number 3 in the Dutch Top 40 with it. It's my favourite version, although earlier versions also exits: Four Voices recorded it in 1960, Brian Hyland in 1962 and Gary Lewis and the Playboys in 1968.

My collection: 7" single no. 1411
Found: Grammofoonwinkel, Utrecht, April 3, 1991
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Sealed with a kiss' / 'All my life'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising