Sunday 2 August 2009

Dance away - Roxy Music

'Dance away' was released as the second single from Roxy Music's 1979 album 'Manifesto'. The single reached number 2 on the UK singles chart and number 6 in the Dutch Top 40. In the US Billboard Hot 100 the single reached number 44.

The record shop where I bought this single is one of my most vivid memories of a shop ever. The place stank of urine (probably from the dog who was walking around there), there were boxes with singles everywhere and the state of most of them was deplorable. I rescued a few titles I really wanted to have and got out of there. Pity I don't remember the name of the place...

My collection: 7" single no. 856
Found: Den Haag, May 27, 1989
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Dance away' / 'Cry cry cry'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising