Saturday 22 August 2009

Terminal 3 - Linda Martin

Before Linda Martin won the 1992 Eurovision Song Contest, representing Ireland with 'Why me', she participated once before in 1984. Her song, 'Terminal 3' was written by Johnny Logan, who won the 1980 edition of the Contest for Ireland. She almost won the 1984 Eurovision Song Contest, but received 8 points less than the winning song ('Diggi loo diggy ley'), and thus came second.

While I was not impressed with the winning song, I was glad that Ireland didn't win. The song sounded quite boring at the time. It's not so bad now, when you hear it.

My collection: 7" single no. 4007
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, August 22, 2009
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Terminal 3' / 'Feels like I'm walking in my sleep'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising