Friday 4 September 2009

You take me up - Thompson Twins

In 1984, the Thompson Twins scored the biggest hit of their career in the UK: 'You take me up' reached number 2 in the UK singles chart and earned the band a silver disc. The album from which the single was taken, 'Into the gap', was one of the biggest sellers of the year, topping the British album charts and selling over five million copies worldwide.

In the Netherlands, the single did not chart. I think the Dutch were right: this wasn't the best single the Thompson Twins ever released, however entertaining it was. The music video was amusing, but forgettable as well.

My collection: 7" single no. 1629
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, April 18, 1992
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'You take me up' / 'Passion planet'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising