Tuesday 27 April 2010

Million miles away - Kim Wilde

'Million miles away' was released as the third and final single from Kim Wilde's 1992 album 'Love is' in Europe and Japan. The track was a remixed version of the album version. The sleeve featured a photograph of Kim that looked a lot like a photograph of Marilyn Monroe made a few decades previous.

It was very hard to get hold of this 7" vinyl: most shops didn't stock the format anymore, and although this single was made in Holland, I finally found a copy almost a year after its release in Austria!

My collection: 7" single no. 1933
Found: Vienna, July 6, 1993
Cost: 30 Schilling
Tracks: 'Million miles away' / 'The light of the moon (belongs to me)'

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I'm an avid follower of your blog and want to thank you for all your hard work sharing your music collection. I noticed that you don't get many comments so thought I would share my appreciation. In particular, I have loved following your Kim Wilde posts. I am also a rabid Kim Wilde fan and have enjoyed seeing which cuts from which albums have been released as singles in different countries. My own Kim Wilde collection is fairly complete, but I am sure the day will come when you post something that is still missing from my collection. Till then, thanks again for your time and effort in putting this blog together, and just know that you have at least one follower out there who very much appreciates what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising