Sunday 4 December 2011

Never let me down - David Bowie

'Never let me down' was released as the third single from David Bowie's album of the same name in the summer of 1987. The song is about Bowie's long-time personal assistant, Coco Schwab. Bowie described their relationship, saying 'It's platonic. But there is a romance in it, I guess, inasmuch as it's hard for two people to feel totally at ease in each other's company for that period of time and not expect too much from each other. Always being prepared to be there if the other one needs someone, you know? There's not many people you find in life that you can do that with, or feel that way with.'

This 12" single features an extended remix of the track, as well as a dub and acapella version.

My collection: 12" single no. 352
Found: Record fair, 1999
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'Never let me down (extended dance remix)' / ''87 and cry', 'Never let me down (dub)', 'Never let me down (acapella)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising